Monday, July 14, 2014

This evening

Now that you've left
and I've bid you
good riddance
to sleep by yourself
and leave me to my whirling
tempestuous
sad and ridiculous
thoughts

Now that you've lifted
the weight of your eyes
your kind oppression
the volatile elements
chemical threats
mortal beats of a deep
heart I might
fall deathly vastly into

The evening air is fresh
a baby eagle landed on the window
the neighbor made a carrot cake
lighted windows across the street
men sitting girls waiting

And now I remember this morning
I thought you would be a perfect father
and last week I thought
I could trust you
And yesterday like every day
I missed you 
and wished for misty moors
where I've never been
and medieval walls I've never seen

And here I'm at dusk
waiting for things I've never dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment