Friday, January 24, 2014

Not faithful to her, but faithful to Truth


I’ve gotta remember to stay on my lonely road

Cause it’s even lonelier
Riding a road
Without even me
to hold onto


When I so much want
to be with her

I wrack my brain
torment my spirit
Trying to figure
how to win her

Should I dress nicer
or make myself thinner
Act like a fresh kid
or a worldly woman

Suddenly
at the pit of my being
In the place where I
once had my soul

Now sits the driving
conviction that she
Must be the perfect one for me.
(when I hardly know her, actually)

Suddenly the world
is shaky, nonsensical
Viewed by eyes
whose soul is pretend

A conclusion I jumped to
In rash excitement
Too tempting to quell,
It became my soul

Now I’ve only belief
in what might be a lie
And a hole for a heart
if I let it die

.Paralyzed.

I can only live
if my dream is true;
I can’t tell if it’s true
Cause I’m afraid to look.

But it’s not too late
My soul isn’t gone
I think it’s just hiding,
still there, very small

If I open my eyes
and breathe and accept

Embracing Truth,

I will feel again
that glowing friend,

that growing friend
Inside my Self
that loves Truth
and truthfully loves

There’s joy in facing
what might be painful and harsh
Since it’s there whether I
ignore it or not

The choice is mine
to look and see

Or in demanding not to lose her
Losing her and Me

3/11/10

No comments:

Post a Comment